Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Pacific Northwest like never before through the Glass Art Retreat. Led by renowned artist Kory Dollar and her team, these monthly retreats offer a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the stunning landscapes and captivating wildlife of this mesmerizing region.
Through the medium of glass art, you will embark on a creative journey that captures the essence of the Pacific Northwest’s diverse ecosystem. Kory Dollar’s expertise and guidance will empower you to create stunning glass art pieces that embody the spirit of the wildlife that call this region home.
During these retreats, you will have the chance to explore various glass art techniques and learn how to incorporate them into your own designs. From delicate fused glass to intricate glass embroidery, Kory Dollar will teach you the skills and techniques needed to bring your artistic visions to life.
Immerse yourself in the tranquil beauty of the Pacific Northwest as you create glass art inspired by the region’s awe-inspiring wildlife. From the graceful movements of orcas in the Salish Sea to the majestic flying eagles soaring above the towering forests, you will be captivated by the natural wonders that surround you.
With our Explore Pacific Northwest Wildlife through Glass Art Retreat, you will not only enhance your artistic abilities but also gain a deeper appreciation for the natural world around you. The retreats offer a perfect blend of artistic expression and nature exploration through the world of glass, allowing you to connect with the land and its wildlife in a meaningful and creative way.
Whether you are a novice or an experienced artist, these monthly retreats are designed to cater to all skill levels. Kory Dollar’s passion for both the Pacific Northwest and glass art shines through in every session, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all participants.
Join us on this extraordinary journey of creativity and adventure. Experience the beauty of the Pacific Northwest in a whole new light as you learn to express yourself through the captivating medium of glass art. Don’t miss your chance to be part of our Explore Pacific Northwest Wildlife through Glass Art Retreat and create lasting memories that will inspire you for years to come.
- 3 day breakdown of the Retreat The three day retreat will be a combination of lecture/slideshow, discussion, Q&A, demos, and hands-on instruction. Focusing on Glass on Glass (GOG) application, using the direct method to create a stimulating optical effect. Kory will demo several unique cuts she uses in her flowers, using three tools, nippers, a scoring tool, and running pliers. During this process, you will learn how cut glass while maximizing your glass. Kory will demonstrate and discuss a specific nipping style /technique, Glass Shaving® to create a crisp clean edge, using only wheeled nippers. The class will explore how to create movement, using Kory’s signature cuts. Additional topics covered include: precision cutting, committing to a design, selecting a color pallet, varying opacity, and creating a one-of-a-kind designs. Kory will discuss grout bleed, adhesives, grout additives, and provide tips and tricks to grouting. Mac glue will be provided.
There will be a grout demonstration on Sunday. Students are welcome to grout if they have completed the project and glue has dried. If projects are not completed, or dried by 12 pm then a grout package will be available to take home for optional grouting.
Kory notes that she does not strive for perfection; “the art of art is the imperfections.” She says, “It is my goal that I will simplify the process enough to give you ‘artistic freedom without self doubt’. I strive to build confidence in these classes. I do not teach from a pattern, I teach to use your sketch as only a guideline; you are not restricted to the pattern. I will assist you in creating a balanced one-of-a-kind composition, using my uniquely designed simplified steps. We will focus on several unique cuts and I will provide you with tips and tricks that I use daily.
*Need to knows*
- If you’re staying the night bring hard bottom slippers.
- Glue does not come out of your clothes please bring clothes you do not care about.
- We have basic amenities ie , hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, pillows, bedding, ear plugs.
- Bunks are built into the walls, they are sturdy, easy to get in and out of and very cozy! Bunks do have outlets near by. Bunks and studio king room do not have AC. 1 Private room and fully equipped travel trailer have AC.
- Students can bring additional unique items such as broken jewelry, beads, and tesserae to embellish your mosaic.
Stay with us, do not book a hotel, trust us it is to your benefit. Our venue/studio is fabulous, you’ll be amazed.
Flying in? Lodging and transportation can be added to your package. Transportation to and from the airport can be arranged for $75 each way. Our studio is located about 50 miles from the airport, a 2 hour round trip for our driver. Cab or Uber transportation is either not available or highly costly.
We will have snacks and refreshments available all weekend, there is so much planned! Studio is open till 10 pm. each night, instruction available till 5 pm. This studio is unlike any other, located inside a 2000 sq. ft. gymnasium, it offers an inviting artistic atmosphere. Breakfast is included Friday is included if you stay Thursday night.
*A $75 fee will be added to your bill at time of stay for meals, this includes 2 breakfast, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. We are not near any food establishments and discussions are held at meal time.
Follow us on Facebook.
Join our Facebook GOG community here.
*Please note there are pets in the house Private room, no pets in shared studio or trailer lodging.
*All reservations are final; you will have to option to reschedule within 6 months if you must cancel for an unforeseen reason. Cancelations within 45 days, your spot must be filled to receive full credit, partial credit will be given. Cancel 15 days prior for any reason you will forfeit your credit. Final payments must be received 30 days prior to the event.