Join us in June for 10 days of Glass Extravaganza the best glass workshop of 2021. Four leading glass instructors of the Pacific Northwest will collaborate to bring innovative creations, combining modern design with glass fusions and mosaic glass art.10 days of hands-on learning, collaborative creations, and informational discussions, focusing on everything about glass and the process we use to create epic art. There will 9 take home projects plus many other fusion inclusion projects –
- 2 Crackle Tiles with Kevin
- Combing Tile with Kevin – $200 upgrade to make tile into Vase
- Powder and Water with Ann
- Involves layering powdered glass and water and then carving to reveal the different layers.
- Powder and Water with Ann
- Involves manipulating powder and water into wave compositions
- Tree Tray – with Ann
- Students will complete a 12” x 7” fused glass tray while learning several ways to create trees. Sheet, powder, frit, and stringers will be used.
- Stained Glass Suncatcher with Debbie
- Create a small stained glass suncatcher with glass bevels, stained glass, nuggets, fusions, and shells.
- Stained Glass Sea Themed 3-D Box with Debbie
- Build a 3-D box out of bevels and fill it with sand, shells, driftwood, etc. Learn to foil the bevels, solder them together to create the box and fill it with treasures from the sea. We will have items available or you can bring your own treasures.
- Under the sea themed mosaic with Kory with various substrates available.
- 15 + fusion inclusion pieces that you design and create
- Over 15 glass techniques covered
- Master Cutting class and physics of glass cutting demonstration with Kory– each student will have 1 lb. of glass to nip and cut and gain confidence in the sliver, c-cut, ray cut, sky cut, tear drop cut, diamond cut, and circle cut.
- Open studio all week with mini sessions and take home projects
- Weekday fieldtrip to Bullseye
Retreat is limited to 10 students, 4 max bunk lodging, 2 king room, 4 local students (or off-site lodging at Scappoose Creek Inn)
$2550 (SOLD OUT) – PRIVATE KING ROOM/ SHARED BATH– 9 nights onsite lodging at Deer Island Manor, 10-day workshop – continental breakfast included with lodging, lunches included with workshop registration all days except Wednesday. Dinners are not included in cost of workshop, students have access to kitchen facilities, and there will be an option for to-go and meals ordered will be charged to student’s accounts.
Private King room can be shared between 2 students’ cost would be $2225 / person. 2 king rooms available, shared bathroom. Additional nights are $80 / night. Please contact email@example.com to schedule additional nights.
$2350 – BUNK LODGING – 9 nights lodging, 10-day workshop – continental breakfast included with lodging, lunches included with workshop registration all days except Wednesday. Dinners are not included in cost of workshop, but students have access to kitchen, and we will have an option for to-go and meals ordered will be charged to student’s accounts.
$2000 – NO LODGING – 10-day workshop, Lunch provided all days except Wednesday Dinners are not included in cost of workshop, but students have access to kitchen, and we will have an option for to-go and meals ordered will be charged to student’s accounts.
Flexible payment schedule available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up monthly payment arrangements.
All students will have the opportunity to create 9 take home projects during the 10 Day Glass Extravaganza
June 18, 2021
Event Check in 2 pm – 4 pm
Event Social 4 pm – 8 pm
- Introduction to Instructors and Staff
- Participant introduction
- Studio Orientation
- Dinner (provided with registration fees)
June 19-20, 2021
Fusion Inclusion Weekend – Weekend packed full of useful information pertaining to the creative process through glass. There will be informative lessons, hands-on training, collaborative learning, and imaginative transformation of conception to creation in an educational atmosphere. Students will have the opportunity to work with 4 of the best Pacific Northwest Glass Artists. They will bring a vast knowledge of hot glass, cold working, stained glass, and mosaics. The workshop is designed for you to gain knowledge, increase skill level and think outside of the box, to create one-of-a-kind fusion inclusion, using a variety of techniques. We will be learning techniques and process to understand COE, glass heat and kiln work for your future designs. You will be designing fusion inclusions with a team of artists for the under the sea mosaic. Students are encouraged to bring inspiration photos or designs with them for their final mosaic project. Over the weekend you will work with the design team to create fusion inclusions for future projects, or to be used individually. Inclusions could be, but are not limited to octopus tentacles, fish, starfish, sand dollars, seahorse, or any under the sea creature and sea themed fused element that could be used in a future mosaic project. Students will each have a shelf and multiple projects using multiple techniques will be incorporated into the designs. The techniques that will be covered during the workshop are freeze and fuse, kiln carving, sand casting, mold making, viterograph, murinni pull, fossil vitira, alcala, lace, and frit manipulation.
June 21-24, 2021
Weekday mini classes, mid-week field trip to Bullseye, studio open all week. Studio hours are 8 am to 9 pm, stations will be set up for you to use, instructors will rotate throughout the week and we will have mini sessions and short lectures focused on expanding your skill levels across multi glass platforms. Students will have full access to the studio supplies, materials and equipment. Staff will be there to assist you while you gain confidence and understanding of a wide range of glass methods, systems, and practices to complete the creative process from the drawing board to creation of your glass masterpiece. Your instructors will work with you individually and in small groups. We will work with you to create a unique piece of art while expanding your artistic abilities and pushing your skill level above and beyond, by bringing over 50 years of cumulative knowledge to the workshop. We will blow your mind with the projects and design elements that will evolve out of this workshop/retreat.
June 23, 2021
Wednesday, a trip to Bullseye and a tour is scheduled. After the tour, we will all meet for lunch at a local restaurant. Transportation will be provided to Bullseye for those flying in or those who want to carpool.
June 25-27, 2021
Mosaic Workshop- students will finish up the under the sea mosaic. The elements created in the fusion inclusion workshop the previous weekend. Students will work on a custom mosaic GOG frame by Dave Wise. Frames will be selected based on student’s design choice and composition. There will be a variety of frames ranging in sizes from 12” x 24” to 12” x 12”. All substrate sizes will be included in the workshop and students can select the best one that fits their design.
June 27, 2021 – Grout Day – Dismiss after Grout (about 12 pm)
64535 Columbia River Hwy
Deer Island, Oregon 97504
Contact Phone: 360-719-9298
Contact email: email@example.com