Four days of fun with glass and kilns!! What could be better?
Come create fusion inclusions for your mosaics. This is not a mosaic class, no mosaic will be created, only elements to include in your mosaic projects.
We will pull vitirograph for everyone to use.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday we will run the kilns full of you daily creations. Every student will be able to fill at least a 12 x 12 shelf daily. Supplies are not unlimited, each student will leave with around 5 lbs of fused projects, depending on size and items created.
4 day breakdown
Thursday we pull Vitrigraph, murrine, stringers, and cane for your creations. This is not intended to be a Vitrigraph workshop, though you may learn some of about pulling it is not a classes designed for Vitrigraph instruction. You can load a 12 x 12 kiln shelf with miscellaneous projects you would like to create.
Friday’s focus is under the sea and suncatchers. We will spend all day creating one-of-kind elements for your mosaics.
Saturday students will create flower themed items and pendants. In the morning or early afternoon the kiln will be opened revealing your Friday projects.
Sunday we will wrap up and have a kiln reveal of Saturday’s creations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Creative Spirit
- Slippers with hard bottoms
- Water Bottle and coffee/teacup with a lid
- Sweatshirt and Long pants and t-shirt and shorts – Weather is unpredictable here, so it might be hot or cold.
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRING ANY TOOLS
- All students will contribute to meals details discussed prior to class
NEED TO KNOW
- Glue does not come out of your clothes please bring clothes you do not care about.
- We have basic amenities i.e., hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, pillows, bedding, ear plugs.
- Bunks are more like cozy coves; they are built into the walls!! Extremely sturdy, easy to get in and out of and incredibly comfortable! Outlets are available and easy to access. Bunks and studio king room do not have AC. 1 Private room and fully equipped travel trailer have AC.
- Students can bring additional unique items such as broken jewelry, beads, and tesserae to embellish your mosaic.
Stay with us, do not book a hotel, trust us it is to your benefit. Our venue/studio is fabulous, you’ll be amazed.
Flying in? Lodging and transportation can be added to your package. Transportation to and from the airport can be arranged for $75 each way. Our studio is located about 50 miles from the airport, a 2 hour round trip for our driver. Cab or Uber transportation is either not available or highly costly.
We will have snacks and refreshments available all weekend, there is so much planned! Studio is open till 10 pm. each night, instruction available till 5 pm. This studio is unlike any other, located inside a 2000 sq. ft. gymnasium, it offers an inviting artistic atmosphere. Breakfast is Thursday is included if you stay Wednesday night.
*A $100 fee will be added to your bill at time of stay for meals, this includes 3 breakfast, 3 lunches and 3 dinners. We are not near any food establishments and discussions are held at meal time.
Follow us on Facebook.
Join our Facebook GOG community here.
*Please note there are pets in the house Private room, no pets in shared studio or trailer lodging.
*All reservations are final; you will have to option to reschedule within 6 months if you must cancel for an unforeseen reason. Cancelations within 45 days, your spot must be filled to receive full credit, partial credit will be given. Cancel 15 days prior for any reason you will forfeit your credit. Final payments must be received 30 days prior to the event.
There are no reviews yet.